Thursday, October 12, 2017

A letter to the Department for Work & Pensions

Date 12/10/2017

Dear Operations Manager,

In your letter of October 5, which I have received today, you wrote to me that I owe your department £8247.38, and that from my Pension Credit will be weekly deduced £11.10. On top of it, I have received today a letter from the Pension service in which I am informed that I owe you this money ‘for Overpayment’. In that letter I was informed: ‘You do not have the right to appeal against the decision to take money off your Pension Credit’.

When Pension Service found me in debt of £11,956.70 in 2009, I appealed against the decision by phone, and in a letter of 7 October 2009 I asked Ursula Grum from the Debt Management: “Would you tell me, please, how you arrived at the sum £11,846.70, which I allegedly owe you?” In reply, she sent me the ‘Overpayment Calculation’, from which it appears that all the money that I had received from Pension Service from 01/08/2005 to 19/10/2008 were simply summed up as my debt. This on its own shows that it is all wrong.

With little hope of any positive result, may I ask the Department for Work and Pensions to investigate on what ground I have been found in debt? If you decide to review the matter, you may be helped by ‘An urgent request addressed to the Pension Service’, which I put on my blog  http://juliustominquestions.blogspot.co.uk/ on June 10, 2015.

I have been thinking lately of returning home, to the Czech Republic. Your letter of 5 October made me realise that it is not right for me to think of leaving Britain before this matter is clarified. For as long as the Pension Service is going to be deducing money from my Pension Credit, I do not feel free to leave Britain.

Yours faithfully,

Julius Tomin

***

See ‘It is all wrong – a letter to the Pension Service’ posted on my blog on June 15, 2015, and ‘It has nothing to do with Oxford University’ posted on June 19, 2015.


No comments:

Post a Comment