Monday, February 12, 2024

For the record: asterisks.


My “computer” does not allow me to use asterisk.  Instead of asterisks, which until now I have been using to mark my notes, I have been left with the feeble ***.

I apologize. When I returned to my note, and began to type it, it came out in Greek. But I was sure that I had there clearly 'Calibri' as the font I wanted to use. But I am 85, it happens easily that I forget to check such things, and that's why "I apologize". I therefore changed SPIonic to Calibri, and returned to my blog to write the I apologize. But when I turned back to my note, it again came out in SPIonic. Obviously, the last thing I wrote in the main text, was the original Greek, which, written in backets, followed H.N. Fowler’s translation, and the computer disregarded Calibri as font, and the moment I began to type the text of my note, it automatically continued in SPIonic.

So, once again, I apologize. If I knew how to remove this note from my blog, I would do so. But since I don’t know how to do it, my apology is the best I can do.


No comments:

Post a Comment