Saturday, August 28, 2021

POSTSCRIPT To my letter the Vice-Chancellor of Oxford University, and to the letter addressed jointly to the Director General of the MI5 and to the Chief of MI6

 A new level of depravity

I had two spoons which I really liked, which I used whenever my son or daughter came to visit me. When I was visited by both, one of them used my third spoon, which I don’t like, but which they don’t mind using. My favourite spoon disappeared three ago.

I was going to put up with it. But two days ago disappeared my glasses, which I use for cycling and for sawing; it is bifocal and the short distance lenses are stronger than the lenses in my reading glasses. Whenever I come home from cycling, I put these glasses on my desk, for they are very uncomfortable in the flat. I cannot forget them on my nose, as it often happens to me with the glasses I am wearing at home. Whenever I go for a walk, I intend to go without my glasses, but it often happens that only when I get outside, I realise I have my glasses on and must return to my flat, up a staircase, to put them on my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment