Thursday, September 22, 2022

To Royal Mail

I would like to send the following email to Royal Mail, but I can’t find any email address to send it to:

Dear officer,

Two days ago, on 20/9/2022, I posted at your office in Dursley, 6 Silver Street, Gloucestershire GL11 4BN

a letter addressed to Louise Richardson, Vice Chancellor, University of Oxford, Clarendon Building, Oxford OX1 3BG

I sent the letter by the tracking system; the CERTIFICATE OF POSTING says: ‘Next day guaranteed delivery service. Tracking and signature at royalmail.com.’

The letter contained an offprint of my article “The Phaedrus and the Charmides: Plato in Athens 405-404”. I looked for the tracking information on 20/9, no information, I looked on 21/9, no information, I have looked today, on22/9, no information. If I do not get any information concerning a safe delivery of my letter by tomorrow morning, I shall send it again by tracking. If I get again no positive result, I shall go to Oxford and deliver it to Louise Richardson by hand.

I am sending this letter to Louise Richardson for information, and I am putting it on my blog.

Best wishes,

Julius Tomin

 

No comments:

Post a Comment