Tuesday, January 9, 2024

A grotesque distortion of a sentence

 

Is someone – are some people – unhappy about my returning to Plato?

Rereading my article on the Meno, before confirming its publication on my blog, I came across this grotesque distortion of a sentence: bou/lhtai0, and there was nobody (kai\ ou0deni/) whom (o3tw|) he would not answer (ou0k a0pokrino/menoj. Correctly: bou/lhtai, kai\ ou0deni\ o3tw| ou0k a0pokrino/menoj.

These things usually don’t come isolated. I must become aware that my computer is monitored and my text can be distorted any moment, but more than that, I must be made aware, again and again, that I have no privacy.

A few days ago, I bought a warm coat. This morning I wanted to put it on, as I wanted to cycle to Sainsbury’s to do my shopping, but my coat was nowhere to be found. My flat is not large, a small bedroom, a small living room, a very small kitchen and a bathroom. My new coat is big, but I simply could not find it.

Finally I got to the corridor, and there it was, lying on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment