Sunday, March 17, 2024

My computer works. I can listen to music, if I wish. But there is one thing that, this evening, does not, and does not, and does not work, however often I try, and try. Again, it happened thanks to my ‘protectors’; however much I tried, I could not open the ‘Windows’, and could not write my next post on Plato. Actually, it was the most important and most fortunate interference. It was time for me to stop working on Plato.

And so, I began to read Dostoyevsky’s Bratia Karamazovy (The Brothers Karamazov). Until then, I could not abide The Brothers Karamazov. I tried and tried, but after several pages I always had to put it away. The only thing of Dostoyevsky that I read with pleasure was The Idiot; but now, as I think of it, I may have liked his Besy (Demons); but it’s well over fifty years that I read them, and I cannot be sure. What I know; I read his Prestuplenie I Nakazanie (Crime and Punishment), I forced myself to read it, but I did not like it.

But now it all has changed. I love every page, every paragraph, every sentence  of Bratia Karamazovy.

Anyway, if my ‘protectors’ think it important to prevent me from using the Online Russian Tolkovyj Slovar, I’ll have to contact Russkaya Kniga (the Russian Books) in London, and get it in the book format. In the mean-time, I’ll simply have to immerse myself in it; there are very few words that I simply do not understand.

But Why? Why? Why? 

PS

I put this text on my blog early in January (perhaps on Friday, January 5th), and left it there as a draft. Now, to my surprise, it was confirmed for publishing, unbeknown to me, and counted as No 646. I realised this when The Meno 1 was counted as 647. For once, I was not  too displeased with this intervention. The 'Why' is not difficult to surmise. Someone, reading my 'A grotesque distortion', realised that the article 'Why?, left as a draft on my blog, was clearly not far apart in time from it, and confirmed the draft of 'Why' for publication.

Let me elucidate the last paragraph of the 'Why' article. On that day I could not get access to the online Russian dictionary, each word explained in Russian. The draft of 'Why', put on my blog, fulfilled its function. Not long after I put it on my blog, the Tolkovyj slovar began to work again. I was glad, because I began to look for words simply to check the correct accent. Accent in Russian language is very important; thus д0р0ги means 'dear' ('my children are dear to me), д0р0ги means 'roads'.


No comments:

Post a Comment